Welcome to the Global Knowledge Hub on the Gender-Related Killings of Women and Girls (Global Knowledge Hub on Femicide), a joint project of the UN Studies Association and the Femicide Team of the ACUNS Vienna Liaison Office.
The Hub provides selected, high-quality information on the issue of femicide - the gender related killings of women and girls - for policy and decision-makers at all levels, actors from the criminal justice system, practitioners, civil society activists, academics, and individuals concerned with this horrible phenomenon.
A prototype of this Hub was presented and launched in May 2017 on the occasion of the 26th session of the UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (22-26 May, 2017). The recently upgraded platform provides:
- key information on the issue of femicide (core definitions, facts, figures, statistics)
- recommendations issued by relevant stakeholders
- landmark documents issued by key partners/major players
- an interactive knowledge base of good practices in multiple areas
- individual case dossiers and timelines
- direct access to experts and practitioners from around the world and across disciplines.
For a detailed description of the purpose, unique features and the future, please see here.
About the concret need for such a global platform, continue to read here.
The Platform Team
- Andrada Filip, Editor-in-Chief, Content Strategy & Management
- Dr. Henrike Landré, Project Leader, Digital Strategy, Portal Development & Management
- Saide Mobayed, Senior Editor and Content Producer
- Michael Platzer, Senior Advisor, Project Strategy and Partnerships
- Dr. Ourania Roditi, Senior Editor, Outreach and Development
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FemicideWatch
Agentur für Kulturtechnik www.enlightenment.de
Responsible in the sense of § 6 (2) Mediendienstestaatsvertrag:
UN Studies Association e.V.
UNSA c/o Coconets, Hannoversche Str. 2
D-10115 Berlin, Germany.
1. Copyright © 2009 by UN Studies Association (UNSA). All rights reserved. The content provided by this website is protected by copyright. The contents of this site may only be reproduced or electronically processed, copied and/or disseminated with the express written permission of UNSA, unless copyright explicitly states otherwise.
3. Liability disclaimer. UNSA e.V. reserves the right not to be responsible for the timeliness, correctness, completeness or quality of the information provided. Liability claims regarding damage caused by the use of any information provided, including any kind of information which is incomplete or incorrect, will therefore be rejected.
5. Jurisdiction. Any litigation shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the German court system.
Legal validity of this disclaimer
This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred from. If sections or individual terms of this statement are not legal or correct, the content or validity of the other parts remain uninfluenced by this fact.
Send us an email: email@example.com