Welcome to the Femicide Watch Platform, a joint project of the UN Studies Association (UNSA) Global Network and the UNSA Vienna's Femicide Team
A prototype of this platform was presented and launched in May 2017 on the occasion of the 26th session of the UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (22-26 May, 2017). Read UNODC'S press statement. It was upgraded in May 2018.
- key information on the issue of femicide (core definitions, facts, figures, data, statistics)
- landmark documents issued by key players
- an interactive knowledge base of good practices in multiple areas (data collection, legislation, jurisdiction, etc.)
- topical and regional / country dossiers, timelines, reading lists
- direct access to experts and practitioners from around the world and across disciplines.
For a detailed description of the purpose, unique features and the future, please see here.
About the concret need for such a global platform, continue to read here.
The Platform Team
Prof. Myrna Dawson, Senior Advisor
Andrada Filip, Advisor
Dr. Henrike Landré, Project Leader
Saide Mobayed, Editor-in-Chief
Helena Gabriel, Editor Femicide Volumes
Michael Platzer, Senior Advisor, Partnerships
Dr. Ourania Roditi, Partnerships
Stay tuned, spread the word and get in touch with us!
follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FemicideWatch
follow our news on Facebook:
contact us by email: editors (at) femicide-watch.org
send us a message via contact form