Welcome to the Femicide Watch Platform on the Gender-Related Killings of Women and Girls, a joint project of the UN Studies Association and the Femicide Team of the former ACUNS Vienna Liaison Office.
This unique knowledge space provides selected, high-quality information on the issue of femicide - the gender related killings of women and girls - for policy and decision-makers at all levels, actors from the criminal justice system, practitioners, civil society activists, academics, and individuals concerned with this horrible phenomenon.
A prototype of this platform was presented and launched in May 2017 on the occasion of the 26th session of the UN Commission on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice (22-26 May, 2017). The recently upgraded platform provides:
- key information on the issue of femicide (core definitions, facts, figures, data, statistics)
- recommendations issued by relevant stakeholders
- landmark documents issued by key partners/major players
- an interactive knowledge base of good practices in multiple areas
- topical and regional / country dossiers, timelines
- direct access to experts and practitioners from around the world and across disciplines.
For a detailed description of the purpose, unique features and the future, please see here.
About the concret need for such a global platform, continue to read here.
The Platform Team
- Andrada Filip, Editor-in-Chief, Content Strategy & Management
- Dr. Henrike Landré, Project Leader, Digital Strategy, Portal Development & Management
- Saide Mobayed, Senior Editor and Content Producer
- Michael Platzer, Senior Advisor, Project Strategy and Partnerships
- Dr. Ourania Roditi, Senior Editor, Outreach and Development
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/FemicideWatch