Establish an integrative information exchange platform on the issue of gender-related killings of women and girls, that:
- increases the visibility of, raises awareness and educates on the issue of femicide on a global, comprehensive scale;
- provides direct access to selected, highly illustrative and high-quality information about femicide, to experts and involved actors / practitioners;
- better informs policy- and decision-makers from the local to the global / UN level but also all other relevant actors as well as the wider public;
- increases the visibility of, integrates and better connects all experts and practitioners from civil society, the public sector and academia;
- empowers all stakeholders to gain a more comprehensive overview, identify gaps and blind spots, transfer knowledge across regions, borders, and disciplines; as well as learn from each other, take collective action and improve (existing) preventive measures.
All platform content will be carefully selected to provide answers to the following pertinent questions:
- How many women and girls are getting killed, by whom, where, and why?
- What is currently being done about it, what actions and measures work ̶ and why; and what needs to be done?
- Who is concerned and who is involved in efforts to combat femicide?