Establish an integrative information exchange platform on the issue of gender-related killings of women and girls:
- To provide selected, high-quality information on the issue of femicide (including research, analysis, reports, policies, guidelines, official statistics, news); and own content produced by the Editorial Team (including a global map localizing cases, next to dossiers and a timeline);
- To educate, raise awareness, and inform about the issue from a transnational perspective;
- To increase the visibility the multifaceted work of all key actors involved;
- To offer a central, interactive knowledge platform that better informs and engages policy- and decision-makers at all levels, actors from the criminal justice system, practitioners, civil society activists, academics, and individuals;
- To transfer knowledge across regions, borders, levels and disciplines;
- To empower all stakeholders to gain a more comprehensive overview, identify gaps and blind spots and potentials for action;
- To add context and meaning by producing and disseminating own content, such as full dossiers on transnational cases and a comprehensive timeline on how femicide has been addressed from the international to the grassroots level.
All platform content will be carefully selected to provide answers to the following pertinent questions:
- How many women and girls are getting killed, by whom, where, and why?
- What is currently being done about it, what actions and measures work; and what needs to be done?
- Who is concerned and who is involved in efforts to combat femicide?