Panel discussion on cyber crime against women and girls on November 26, 2018 | ACUNS Vienna
The purpose of this event is to expose the social and psychological damage and long-term effects that Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) facilitated violence against women inflict upon its victims, including online harassment by strangers and ex-boyfriends, cyber-bullying, revenge-porn, cybercrime (fraud), online sexual exploitation of women and girls, pornography and the use of the dark net for human trafficking and the arrangement of child marriages.
Sigmund Freud University, Festsaal, Vienna, Austria on November 26, 2018 from 6pm to 8pm
This panel discussion is part of a series of events focusing on diverse forms of violence against women and girls and is organized by the ACUNS Vienna Liaision Office's Femicide Team. For further information on our work visit www.acuns.org.
• Moderator: Dr Martina Gredler, Soroptimist International
• Welcoming Remarks: Dr Alfred Pritz, Rector of Sigmund Freud University
• Gail Dines, Professor Emerita of Sociology and Women’s Studies at Wheelock College in Boston, President of Culture Reframed
• Kamola Ibragimova, Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Officer, Counter-Cybercrime Education
• Dr Marie-Helen Maras, Tenured Associate Professor at John Jay College of Criminal Justice
• Jackie Jones, Professor of Feminist Legal Studies at Bristol Law School
• Hanna Gaffney, PhD candidate, Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge
• Katharine Sarikakis, Media Governance and Industries Research Lab, University of Vienna
• Concluding Remarks: Dr Karin Bruckmuller, Sigmund Freud University and Dr Michael Platzer, ACUNS Vienna
We kindly ask for your registration, please send an email before the 22nd November 2018 to email@example.com.